Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update on Baby Jack

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm just checking in to give you all an update on Baby Jack. First, I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts for Christina, AJ and Jack. They truly appreciate everything!

Here is an update from AJ as of yesterday:

"Just a quick update, Jack's oxygen levels are at 94, even after taking him off meds (PGE and the other heart med). He is still intubated and receiving purer oxygen, but it has been a very good day for Jack so far. They will plan to do another test tomorrow sometime.

Please continue to pray for him and thank you so much for the love and concern everyone has shown our family. - AJ & CW"

I heard from Christina just a few minutes ago and she informed me that Jack was doing so well that they tried to remove his breathing tube! However, his throat was too swollen, so they put it back in. They will have to wait 2 more days and then will try removing it again. Please pray that his little throat will be less swollen so they can remove the tube! Amazingly, this is the last step in the recovery process that Jack will have to go through!!!

God is good! This is great progress now that Jack is a little over a week old! Please continue to pray fervently so that Christina and AJ will be able to go home soon. They are so anxious to get home and recover fully as their new family of three :)

I will continue to update as I receive any information. Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Such good progress.

My son, Dylan, is currently obsessed with the Veggie Tales video of Jonah. Reading this all I can think of is "But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit." Jonah 2:6

Prayers for baby Jack to heal and be brought up from a pit!