Ah, Fall. 52 degrees, crisp breezes, hot showers, late sunrises (this was mine this morning), ugly socks and "fleecey" pants. All of which made my morning this morning just perfect. To enhance my morning thus far, I decided to mosey myself onto Starbucks. Because Starbucks makes everything that much (holding fingers together to imply "just a little bit") better.I waltz in the front door and listen to the sound of my very high heels "clip-clop" on the wonderfully earthy-colored tiles of the Starbucks floor. My freshly curled hair bouncing on my shoulders... "I should be in a Starbucks commercial," my poor little ego says to my brain. Feeling just great, I step in line when disaster strikes.
"Hey there Mrs. Barrick..." Strike One. ("He knows my name?!" My eyes wide with shock)
"Non-Fat Caramel Macchiato again this morning?" Strike two.
("Why yes. Except tomorrow morning, you can call me Mrs. Fatty Mc Jiggley Pants." I say to myself.)
Smile and nod yes...
"Ok, great! We all know it's you coming in the mornings because of your shoes." Strike three.
As I grab my fat-pill (coffee) and walk out of the not-so-comfortable-anymore Starbucks, the ONLY Starbucks in Saint Mary's County, I make a few mental notes for myself:
a) Never go to a food place so frequently that they know you by name.
b) Never go to a food place so frequently that they know your order.
c) Never go to a food place where they can recognize you by the sound of your walk.
Mortified, I shrugged back to my car, took one look at my freshly brewed Non-Fat Caramel Macchaito and vowed to never visit Starbucks again...
...at least never between the hours of 7 am and 11 am daily.
1 comment:
HA! YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!!
Post a Comment