Yee haw, ya'll, we've been havin' a hoot down here in SOMD this Fall! Ok, just kidding, it's not that red neck. But seriously, I've seen more livestock and corn in the past month than I think I have my entire life... and that's nothing to snicker about, either.
This weekend, my oldest sister, Holly, and her two handsome boys (my nephews) came down to visit me and Bobby! They walked straight in to meet the cat, who was no less than thrilled to see two very energetic boys. Let's just say that Killian has been sleeping since they left 2 hours ago.
Anyway, to give them all a taste of SOMD's "Agro-tourism" industry we decided to take them to a local farm/orchard. They had a "maize maze" (corn maze) in the shape of a rooster that I'm pretty sure was about 3 acres big. Whew. We went on the same path about 93 different times... but no matter. We made it back after a few hours! I picked some apples as I had been long wanting to make a fresh Apple Pie. Then we headed back for a smorgasbord of Fall eats. I'm still digesting from the very large slice of pie I ate (a la mode, of course) and from the generous helping of home-made Shepherd's Pie (thanks Jen, for your recipe!).
Holly and the boys, Jacob and Adam.
Kings of the Cornfield!
I just love these goats! They make me smile.
Pumpkin face.
Like my artistic set up for the apple pie? That was Bobby's idea...
No comments:
Post a Comment