.jpg)
It's here. I'm sitting here typing in my UMD Football Jersey with a game on in the other room. The windows are open and a cool breeze is flowing through. The faint smell of tired, old leaves fills the air. Jackson Browne is on my ipod and I got my first hot grande non-fat Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks this morning. 'Tis is season... for FALL!
Oh, how I love this season. I don't think I've ever loved Fall this much since I moved down to SOMD. You really feel the change in seasons down here as you drive along the country roads. The corn fields suddenly change from vibrant green to a dry, amber yellow. The leaves are beginning to freckle with colors or oranges and reds that make a beautiful landscape for the big, bright, red barns (pictures to come). The St. Mary's County Fair has now come and gone, ushering in the season for numerous fall festivals, hay rides, apple picking and pumpkin farming. I have my 'Macintosh' Yankee Candle burning... it just makes me want to bake!
Ok, so enough with the fall romance. Mom and Dad Wise came down to visit me and Bobby on Saturday and to go see my "exhibit" at the county fair! No, I didn't win... or place for that matter. But that's ok. Bobby said I'm still a winner in his mind. Thank you, B. I could have really put that $6 grand prize to use. Anyway, the animals are my favorite part. I wore my cowgirl boots this year... and a dress. I felt like Reese Witherspoon in "Sweet Home Alabama;" that's what I was going for and Bobby totally called me out on it. Thank you, B. We had to convince my Dad NOT to join in the Pig auction held at the fair. What would he do with a 200-pound pig, after all? Regardless, it was a great time had by all.
Here are some pictures of the adorable (and smelly) animals that we saw:
Baby Cow... so cute!
Check out those eyes... cows have some crazy eyes!
Hey Ladies... sweet PJ's.
This one kind of looked like a dog.
This horse was HUGE...and smelly... hence the ghastly look on my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment