Sunday, September 21, 2008

Birthday Boys

Last Wednesday was Bobby's birthday, as you saw in the previous posts. He's been wanting to learn how to play the guitar, so I bought him one to try things out. He's been trying desperately to play Dave Matthew's Band, but he just needs a little more practice :o) It's actually really nice to see him learn how to play! I'm sure we'll be the VonTrappe Family "players" in no time!

As another part of his birthday present, he wanted to get Killian groomed since the cat throws a mild temper tantrum anytime you put him near the bath tub. We took him to the local Petco to have him bathed, "blow-dryed," ears cleaned and nails trimmed. I dropped him off in the morning, felt terrible for leaving him there, got myself a Starbucks to make me feel better, bought the cat a new collar and some treats and picked him up 3 hours later. My poor baby was soaking wet because he was deathly afraid of the blow-dryer after his bath. I toted him home and he's been asleep ever since...

My other baby is now sick and has been sleeping almost all weekend. To give them their "space" and to not make any noise while they are trying to recover, I went to Starbucks to make myself feel better.

Hello, my name is Melissa, and I have a Starbucks problem.

1 comment:

Christina said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud for this one! First picturing a fat (slightly heavier...) wet cat slowly moping out of the groomers because he was SO terrified of the loud hair dryer! HA! SOOOOOO funny! I can just see him jumping sky high and growing a whole set of new nails when that thing went on! HA!

Oh, and your Starbucks problem statement made me laugh too. I hope no one comes to my cube to ask what I'm doing with all this bursts of laughter! HA!