Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sightings from the Jeep


Last weekend, Joey (Bobby's kid brother) came to visit us in Cali! J-Bug is about 17, so it was so fun to have him down here! He's in the midst of college-shopping, so in an effort to get him to come down here, we took him for a drive to see Saint Mary's College of Maryland. The drive from Cali to SMCM is only about 20 minutes, but it's a beautiful drive, nonetheless.

Lucky me, the one with the longest hair, I got to sit in the back seat - the windiest seat Grace has to offer. However, I was able to capture some of the sights on the drive to the college. More of what SOMD has to offer (what the locals refer to as "Southern Maryland," kind of like LOL, or JK, or other net-speak)... I swear, no matter how much exploring we do, there's always much, much more to this county!

Hey J-Dawg. That's a great face you're making there. Just kidding. Be nice to Grace.


J-Money was wishing he was here... The Green Door. Ask any graduate of SMCM and I promise they've heard of this place. Please note that this bar is in the middle of a corn field and the only business between the college and Cali - in about 20 minutes (not really, but pretty much). Oh, and they also JUST put in a wood floor.


The buildings of SMCM overlook the river. I would never be able to pay attention in class.


This is the view from the building above...


Cool barn. We have lots of these outside Cali.


Old church in St. Mary's City (which consists of about 4 or 5 other old barns and buildings).


Pretty flower!

No comments: