After his nap, Cam and I bundled up and braved the cold. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he didn't like it when I made him stand up by himself so I could take a picture! No smiles, really...he just observed.
We went back inside and cuddled together for a while. He actually sat still on my lap while I sang songs and he played with my fingers. Next winter, he'll be old enough for hot chocolate with marshmallows. This year, I'll take the quiet afternoon full of cuddles.
Camden is 44 weeks this week - he just passed 10 months old. I can't believe it. I know I've been saying it all along, but where has my baby gone?! He's so busy, he just wants to explore everything. He doesn't sit still for long.
My sweet, baby boy is still there though. I put him to bed the other night, like I always do. I pick him up, we say our prayers, I sing him a song and hand him his pacifier while wrapping him up in his blanket. Mid-way through the song, he picks his head up and looks at me, takes his pacifier out of his mouth and gives me a big {open mouth} kiss. He put his pacifier back in and then rested his head back on my chest. Right after that, my heart melted and it will never be the same. This boy loves his mama and I will remember that moment forever.
10 Months and such a big boy.





No comments:
Post a Comment