Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catching up on Camden

I've been sucked in. It was mid-February and 65 degrees outside. I have one very squirmy, little boy on my hands who would like nothing better than to explore life outside our back door. After all, the cat gets to sit out there... why can't he?!

We've spent the past couple of weeks here and there, but mostly outside enjoying all of this glorious weather. I remember mild winters in my 25 years, but nothing like this. I think I've worn capri pants more times this winter than I have my winter coat. I'm certainly not complaining.

Camden is quite the active boy these days... as if he wasn't before. He's using his walker toy a TON, walking to and from the kitchen, back and forth to the front door, up and down the stairs, around and around the kitchen island, opening and closing every door in the house. Life is very interesting for a curious 9-month old. He is certainly full of that - curiosity.

Apart from exploring every inch of the house and back deck, Camden has started to "talk." A lot. I'm not sure where this chatter came from, because he used to be rather quiet. Now all of a sudden, he likes to hear himself. He'll point to his shoes and babble on for five minutes (he's also discovered his pointer finger and uses it all. the. time.). He'll lift his hand up to the ceiling fan and ramble on about that for a while...complete with inflection and facial expressions. I could have sworn the other day, he came up from nursing, saw his shoes on the bed next to me, pointed to them and said "Shhewww!" He looked at me, *Blink Blink,* as if to say, "Duh, Ma... shoes don't go on the bed!" He consistently says "Mama" and "Dada," and is able to wave at appropriate times, but doesn't necessarily wave on command.

Anyway, I have loved every day we've spent together over these past 9 and a half months. It's really amazing how their little brains develop so quickly. Everything is new. Suddenly I feel a great responsibility to teach him so many good things about this world and about our God who loves us.

So here are the past 3 weekly pictures that I haven't had a chance to blog yet, plus a few extras in MomMom Markel's rocking chair that sits in his nursery!




His new favorite game: Peek-a-boo. He now initiates the game and loves my long curtains for better hiding :)

Boo!




Sleepy Baby.

Goodness, I love this face.



No comments: