Friday, March 2, 2012

Shop my Closet: Shoes & Accessories

I don't claim to be a fashionista or anything. I like to drool over pretty clothes...and often. But living in Southern Maryland has it's limits. Most of my shopping for the past five years has been done online or at the local Target. Don't get me wrong. I love Target. But I love my J. Crew, too. I'd like to think that I have a good eye for finding some pretty unique stuff that isn't necessarily mainstream, but who knows?! All I know is that I change my mind, and I change it often. Just ask Bobby.

But don't really, because he'll probably go off on a tangent of frustration.

I digress. The whole reason for this closet-purge is that I've realized that I haven't used half of this stuff in YEARS if not months. It's sitting on my shelves - looking pretty - but alas, not being used. In addition, after having a baby, my body is not the same as it once was and a lot of my clothes do not fit the same way. While I can do sit-ups ups until the cows come home (ha!), my dresses still won't contain my top half after breastfeeding for a year (sorry guys, TMI, I know).

So I will break up this "Virtual Yard Sale" into two parts. Today, I will post Shoes & Accessories. Tomorrow, I will post my clothes...mainly tops and dresses. Here's how it'll work: I post images of the items for sale along with the price. The first person to comment on the item is the winner - first-come-first-served style. Once the item is "sold," I will cross off the item. I can take payment through PayPal or if you live locally, we can meet up to do the exchange.

**Bonus!** If you would like to purchase more than one item, I'll discount each additional item by 20%!

The sale ends on SUNDAY March 4 at 10:00pm!!! Whatever is left over will be listed on E-Bay :) If you have any questions about a particular item, please contact me for more details (via e-mail, Facebook, a post comment, etc).

Today's Sale: Shoes & Accessories
Tomorrow's Sale: Clothes & Dresses

Are you READY?! GO!

#1: Aerosoles Gold Wedges, Size 8 1/2 - $40
Shoes were bought right after I had Camden because my feet had grown! I've only worn them once, but they are adorable. I love the bow and the peep toe. Really. You would never be able to tell that these have been worn before! Bought 'em new for $80.


#2: Coach Wooden Sandals, Size 7.5, Navy Blue - $40
I saw these in Marshalls once and I didn't care that they were too small. I bought 'em anyway and regretted it the first (and only) time I wore them. They are adorable and have a very reasonable heel height :) Cute, cute, cute with a little summer dress. It just wasn't meant to be with me and these heels.

#3: J. Crew Black Patent Leather Stacked Heel Mary Janes, Size 8 - $25
Bought these babies on E-Bay brand new. I used to wear them to work, but not very often because the heel was just a bit too high for me. I love J. Crew's shoes and these are adorable. Round toe, Mary Jane strap. Stacked wood, black heel. They had my heart. Very little signs of wear.

#4: Black Vera Wang Peep Toe, Jeweled Flats, Size 8 - $15
Love these flats: cute, modern and a little bit glamorous. The heel is scrunched for a modern look, but it used to give me blisters. There's slight wear on the heel next to the sole, but not very noticeable. Black suede, lightly worn. From the "Simply Vera" collection at Khols.



#5: Black & Grey Patent Leather Peep Toe heels from Target, Size 8 - $10
Love these shoes. They wore great and have very little signs of wear and are very comfortable for heels. Wide foot and peep toe opening. The heel and toe are black patent leather, and the middle is grey patent leather. Would hang on to them, but I have no reason to wear them anymore! I used to wear them to work. So long, office job!



#6: Old Navy Fuschia Suede Flower flats, Size 8 - $5
These are adorable and comfortable. But for some reason, I didn't wear them at all this year. They have a bit of wear in the heel by the sole, but other than they, they are in great shape! Perfect with skinny jeans :)


#7: Under Armor Tennis Shoes, Size 8 - $45
I bought these....and then I got pregnant. Towards the end of my pregnancy, my feet had grown and I couldn't get my feet into these anymore! They are super comfortable and made for running/walking with a "neutral" ankle position. The fabric around the ankle is coming apart in one spot, but other than that, these babies are really new and really good shoes.


#8: Nine West Black Crocodile Purse - $15
I loved this purse. It always made me feel like a grown up. Chic, reasonable purse size, etc. Roomy interior and the straps are actually long enough to fit comfortably over your shoulder. It has a few inside pockets and is in excellent shape!


#9: Giraffe Tote Bag from Target - $15
This is a great, roomy bag. I bought it when the craze of those Dooney & Bourke Giraffe bags were big... I wore it a couple of times, but is great as a beach bag/Pool bag. It's just cotton, so if it gets dirty, can be put in the washing machine. It has a couple of inside pockets, 2 outside side pockets and 2 straps. Really no signs of wear.


#10: Nautica Plaid Pastel hand bag - $10
This was actually a kids bag but I loved it so much that I bought it for myself. I think I wore it once as part of an Easter outfit, but it's been sitting pretty in my closet for a while now. I think it needs a new home. It's only been used once, so there are no signs of wear. Simple, little hand bag with wooden handle.


#11: Nine West Red Leather Bag - $15
Oh goodness. I hate to part with this one because I love it so, and it was with me for a long while. But it's just been sitting unused in my closet for a while now, too. It's a great shade of red - not too loud - and has some fabulous hardware on the outside. The straps are a little small, so it can fit on your shoulder, but really was meant to be carried around the elbow or just by hand. The inside would fit an iPad perfectly and it has a few pockets in there, too. Only 2 signs of wear on the outside corners, but other than that, it's in really good shape!

#12: EmersonMade Pale Pink Hair or Shoe Clips - $25
Know anyone getting married?! These adorable Dhalia flower clips have an alligator clip on the back so you can put them in your hair or use them as shoe clips. They are the perfect shade of pale pink and came from EmersonMade before she went all clothing. They are seriously hand made and super cute. They come in the box. I wore them once in my hair to my baby shower :) Bought 'em for $70 new - and I only wore them once. Ouch. Don't tell Bobby...


#13: J. Crew Panama Straw Hat with Black Band - $20
Love this hat, but have no idea why I thought it would look good on me. I bought it and used it in my photo shoot for my blog a while back, but haven't worn it since! It's a great hat though, but deserves to be on someone else's head! Virtually brand new. Bought it for $50.


#14: J. Crew Cashmere reversible scarf - Brown and Fuchsia - $20
I love this scarf, but I have never worn it. I don't even know why I got it because all my winter coats are black, and all the shades of pink I own totally clash with this color pink. It's so soft and I wish I had worn it. Impulse buy gone wrong.


#15: DKNY White Leather watch with "diamonds" - $30
Bought this watch at the beginning of last year for $100. Wore it during a few weddings and the battery went dead. It does need a new battery, and I'd replace it BUT, I have my eye on another white watch, so this one has to hit the road, Jack. It's cute, feminine and not too big. The strap is patent leather (white) with a white face and silver frame. Oh, and there are no numbers. Only "diamonds.!"

That's all for the shoes & accessories portion of my "virtual yard sale!" If you want to claim an item, be the first to post in the comments section with the associated number and it's yours! Please include your contact info so we can arrange payment and shipping information!

Happy Shopping - from my closet to yours :)

Stay tuned for tomorrow... clothes and dresses coming up with brands like J. Crew, Gap, Ann Taylor, etc.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

heathern.b said...

Please sign me up for the NW Croc Purse (#8) and the EmersonMade pink flower clips (#12).

Thanks!

Heather
heatherb1207@gmail.com

heathern.b said...

Also, how should I pay you? Thanks!

Heather

Tracey Hartman said...

Melissa- I'm interested in the red nice west purse!