Sunday, March 13, 2011

34 Weeks...Late

Oh dear, how tardy I have been with my weekly belly pictures. It's not my fault though. I have to beg and plead my husband to take these pictures. For an engineer, he really has no idea how to use the camera... any camera. Even the little point-and-shoot I bought him specifically to take my weekly belly pictures.

I love my husband. But he's an engineer for a reason. And I'm a photographer for a reason.

Anyway, over the past week, The Barrick Times has had a lot of new traffic, thanks to a Before/After feature on the super fabulous Design*Sponge blog! Welcome to all you new followers! I have an incredible story about my Grandparents to share with you in regards to the rocker you saw, I just have to, you know, actually post it.

So, for those of you anxiously awaiting my 34 week belly, here you go!


No new changes this week... I'm waking up more and more to use the bathroom (last night was a record at 4 times!) so sleep is becoming...rare. I feel like my belly is growing at an exponential rate, which is rather uncomfortable. Things that I used to be able to do: get out of the couch on my own, sitting up in bed, itch my toes, squeeze through small spaces. Yea. I can no longer do any of those things. The best part though, 34 weeks means that our baby is coming sooner rather than later. I can also feel him constantly (he's so strong!), which is an amazing reminder that he's still in there, cooking away, and hopefully very happy and healthy!

The Bradley Birthing classes are going really well! My sister is also taking them. Even if a non-medicated birth plan is not for you, the amount and depth of information given in the class is worth the cost and 12 classes. A lot of my fears about giving birth have dissipated, and knowing that Bobby is learning all of this with me, makes me feel even better. He quizzes me daily on the first signs of labor, and goes through all the exercises with me (ok, so he's more like a drill instructor, but it's the thought that counts!).

This weekend is the first weekend in probably a year where we had NO plans and just spend the mornings lazy and together. I'm cherishing this quiet time with Bobby, as I know life as we know it will change drastically in just a few more weeks. Today, my friends are throwing me another baby shower, and I am just overwhelmed at their kindness and generosity, and really consider myself blessed to have so many family AND friends surrounding us at this time. Hopefully I'll remember to get some pictures this time!

Have a great Sunday, loved ones!

2 comments:

Fohner Family said...

So glad you guys are liking your Bradley classes. We LOVED ours & were so thankful for all that they taught us. We know our birthing experience would have gone a lot differently (in a bad way) if we hadn't done Bradley.

Kim said...

This is a very belated response, but I have to say I LOVE your glasses! Do you know who makes them or what model they are? I'm in the market for a new pair & think I fell in love!