Sunday, March 13, 2011

How Much in a Day?

It has to be one of the best feelings in the world to accomplish something visible/tangible in one day. I cannot always say the same thing about my life. But drywallers? Yes. Drywaller Men can definitely say that they are able to finish one major undertaking in a days work.

This morning, I blogged about our basement project (which had been lacking in progress pictures) that was ready to go and pre-drywall. This morning at 7am, we had TWO guys come in, wreck havoc on our basement for about 10 hours, and hang every piece of drywall in the joint. Wow. The basement quickly went from feeling like a dungeon full of cotton-candy pink insulation and framing, to looking like a real living area. I have a bit of advice to anyone finishing a major house project that involves drywall: HIRE SOMEONE ELSE. They do it fast, and they do it right. It would have taken Bobby and a small army of engineer friends a few weekends to do this amount of work.

I'm currently quarantined to our bedroom for the evening since there is so much dust and so many fumes rising out of the basement from all the new materials, but I was able to sneak downstairs quickly to take a few shots of the semi-finished product of todays work. The guys will have to come back two more times to tape and mud the seams and then to sand the surfaces flat. Once that happens, we'll be rolling with a few finishing touches: tile in the bathroom, hanging doors and trim, prime/painting, then flooring and carpet!

Readdyyyyy.....GO!

Have a fantastic week!

Dun, duh, duh, dun....


Guest Room!



Hmm...please don't mind the dust on the lens!


Bathroom

No comments: