Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Construction Day #7 & Day #8

Yes, I'm impatient. Yes, I'm a tad compulsive, but can you blame me? This is our first house and I want to make sure they're doing it right, dagummit! Not that I'd be any help...after all, I did major in Cheerleading and Field Hockey in High School. I'm sure the last thing Mike the Builder wants to hear is,

"Action, Action, we want action...A-C-T (clap, clap, clap) I-O-N... Action, Boys, Action!"


Thank you all for listening. I'm stepping down from my soap box now. Good-Bye Forever.

And I'm back.

So it's now been a week since the builders broke ground and not only do we have a hole and some footers, but now we have walls. WALLS, people! Basement walls, to be terribly specific.

Day #7 consisted of setting up the mold for the basement foundation and actually pouring the concrete into the molds. This sat over-night to cure and...

Day #8, the removed the mold and have sprayed black, water-repellent goodness on the concrete. This water-repellent protects the concrete from absorbing any water from the ground/dirt after the holes are filled around the foundation. It's preventative against any potential, future water damage. Yay for preventative maintenance! Can I get an AMEN?!

So, here's our updated schedule:

Day #1 - Monday, June 15, 2009: Ground broke and hole for basement has been dug out! Only after about 2.5 months of waiting for our building permit to come through.
Day #3 - Wednesday June 17, 2009: Footers poured and let to rest and set.
Day # 5 - Friday June 19, 2009: Mold for basement walls and foundation arrives on site.
---Day # 7 - Monday June 22, 2009: Mold is installed and concrete is poured for foundation walls. ---Day #8 - Tuesday June 23, 2009: Mold removed; black, water-repellent goodness sprayed on foundation.
Day #7

Day #7
Day #8 - Progress Point

Day #8 - Foundation

Day #8 - Our Back Yard/Dirt Pile
Day #8 - House Facing Court

Whew... look for more updates soon! And I promise, Bobby and I do other things besides go and visit our new house. Just you wait.

5 comments:

Andy & Candice Peterson said...

wow, it's going fast!!

Suzanne said...

Loved your cheer-I say give em some Eagles spirit fingers. That'll get em' moving ;)

Di said...

i totally don't blame you at all for checking it out --- construction is super exciting, especially when they're moving!!

Anonymous said...

You'll be in before you know it! :)

Jess S.

Mary Kay said...

Wooh-hoo!!! There be a house going up!!
Next time I need to see the in-law quarters!