Saturday, June 13, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Mornin'

Although today, it's Saturday morning. Thank you, Lionel Ritchie, for inspiring me (or inspiring me to be lazy) this morning.
I must confess that I have not been diligent about posting to The Barrick Times lately... My priorities have been elsewhere (namely MB Photography Blog) and I have been blogging LIKE A CRAZY PERSON on that blog. It's rather picture heavy and I try to inject bits of Barrick Times humor into my writing. Not that I'm funny or anything. I'm just sayin'...
Anyway, I PROMISE you that once our house starts, I will be posting much more frequently on The Barrick Times to give updates and progress on the house. Have I mentioned that they still haven't started building? But, there's a dash of good news as we finally got the building permit back from the county! It's all a-go and they should break ground early next week!!! Bobby and I have been driving/bike riding/walking past our lot almost every day to see if they've started. As of yesterday, they have the digging machine (help me, I have no idea what the real name for it is) out in, what will be, our front yard! Progress!!! Look back next week for some of it.
As for today, I am taking my time getting the day started and it's been so very nice. I've been organizing my pictures as my OCD requires and have come across several that I haven't posted yet. I was also harassing my poor kitty this morning with my big lens so I have some pictures of the blessed cat to post as well. I know how much you love seeing Killian!
So anyway, thanks for hangin' in there... tap, tap, is this thing on? Anyone? Well, if you're here, Happy Saturday Morning. I hope it's quite a lazy one for you, too.

I made Starbuck's Perfect Iced Coffee for myself this morning... only with Chock-Full-O-Nuts. Triple the amount of grounds for your normal coffee preparation, fill a pitcher full of ice, pour hot coffee into iced pitcher, cool down completely. Prepare glass half full with ice, pour milk and desired sugar over ice, pour in cool coffee, mix and enjoy. Then drink 10 more cups and pass out an hour later. It'll be totally worth it. Oh, and drink it with a straw. It will make your life complete.
IMG_0649 copy

J-Money, Bobby's youngest brother, graduated from Mount St. Joseph High School in May! I love the tradition of the white tuxedo's instead of the boring old cap-and-gown deal. Hey Joey, GQ called. They want their tuxedo back.
GQ

The famous class ring. Now, all of the Barrick Brother's have this same ring... Along with the other thousands of Mt. St. Joe graduates. Ahh, tradition.
The Graduate

Racoon-Eyes Jokes welcome. Bobby and I spent the entire day before this outside at the Air Show. Some of us wore sun-screen, and some of us just wore sun glasses. The reason for not wearing sunscreen on his poor forehead? And I quote, "I don't want to smell like a girl."
Bros

The Barrick Brother's: Bobby, Nick and Joey.
Barrick Brothers

And now on to less important things...like my emotionally manipulative cat, Killian. He knows full well that I'm behind him with my camera. He's determined not to acknowledge me.
IMG_0657 copy

He hears me calling him. Here Killian... here boy! The one ear cocked to the side means I'm about to win this game of emotional roulette.
IMG_0656 copy

He couldn't stand it any longer. After all, I might have some bread crusts or lunch meat in my hands. He wouldn't be able to meow-the-heck-outta-me for the next 20 minutes if he didn't turn around. Bread crusts are bread crusts, man. Me - 1, Killian - 0. I win.
IMG_0659 copy

For whatever reason, I always imagine Killian speaking to me in French, much like the cartoon skunk, Pepe Le Pew. Tu es ridicule, ma petite chou, mais je t'aime (you are rediculous, my little cabbage, but I love you). I know, Killian, I know. Just stop biting my toes at night and our relationship will never suffer.
IMG_0673 copy

Now, go and speak French to your loved one like you are Pepe Le Pew. It will make your Saturday that much better. I need to stop drinking my coffee now.

1 comment:

Andy & Candice Peterson said...

girl you are hilarious, your postings are great! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Good job trying to stay away from Starbucks, it's an addiction sometimes.