Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...and We Have a Ditch!

After work yesterday, I drove past our new house lot to see if anything had been done to our field of dirt. The builders finally got the building permit back from the county last Monday and they gladly informed us that they would break ground within the next week. Every day, I drove/walked/biked/ran past our lot obsessively checking to see if any dirt had got up and walked away... but nope...until yesterday.

I was in my heels (after work, of course), so there was no way I was going to climb the Mount Everest of Primrose Park to take a picture. So, I stood in the street like a lady and took my humble little picture on my yuppy iphone. The builder Project Manager noticed that I was totally out of place and came over to let me know what was going on. Normally, I would repeat what he said here, but I was so excited, I don't remember anything he said to me. Except that my toe nails weren't painted.

I made that part up. The PM didn't notice my toes. They were not painted though, that's the unfortunate truth.

I over-anxiously shook his hand in thanks, got in my car, turned on my yuppy iphone and called Bobby to squeal. Today at work, the woman who sold us the house e-mailed us pictures of our pretty little hole in the ground. She was man enough to climb up the dirt pile, I guess. Regardless of how she got them, she sent us the pictures and... here's our ditch!!!!


That square space on the right is what our garage will sit on top of. The garage will face towards the street.
This is where the rest of the house will go!! It looks rather small here and I have no idea how deep it is, but they have dug out for the basement space.

You better believe that when I get my pink tennis shoes on, I'm going to climb that dirt pile and take some pictures myself. Without my yuppy iphone. More to come! Hopefully there will be more progress by the end of the week!

No comments: