Saturday, June 20, 2009

Construction Day #3: Footers

Note To Self: Don't walk through a construction site right after it rains in heels. Very, VERY bad idea.

Moving on.

Bobby and I have been visiting our new home site almost every day to check out the new things they are doing. We've been told that during this phase of construction, everything goes SO fast. In an effort not to miss anything, I have been visiting with my camera!

Here's a schedule of what's happened so far. For almost each new change, I'll update it here...mostly because I want to document how this thing went down so we can show our kids some day and reminisce about our first home! But, if you happen to enjoy it too, great... I hope you enjoy the ride!

Day #1 Monday, June 15, 2009: Ground broke and hole for basement has been dug out! Only after about 2.5 months of waiting for our building permit to come through.

Day #3 Wednesday June 17, 2009: Footers poured and let to rest and set.

Day # 5 Friday June 19, 2009: Mold for basement walls and foundation arrives on site.

That's it for now! And to back our schedule up... here are some pictures.


Ok, so every time we go to take pictures, this will be my constant spot. I will take a picture at this point so we can do a time lapse of pictures at the very end!

Footers!!! Once again, the big square to the right that is not dug out will be our garages.
Our House Footprint :)

The view from (what will be) our front yard! Hi Bobby.

Our neighbor's house... They started around late April and are this far already. This gives me hope. Right behind that dirt pile to the right of the house is where our house will be.

And the view up the street! Our view will be somewhat obstructed eventually, as there will be a few houses in those empty lots right beyond the dirt pile.

That's it for now... hopefully more updates next week! PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for nothin' but SUNSHINE so they can continue working!

No comments: