Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back in the 70's

Leisure

Since I've been getting into Photography, I frequently look to the ever-famous Pioneer Woman for guidance. Although she claims not to be a professional photographer, the woman has some talent! Especially for breaking down Photoshop for those of us who can't figure some things out. If you haven't been there, take a look. It's entertaining AND helpful if you're totally lost with Photoshop.

So today's picture is brought to you by my husband Bobby and a Pioneer Woman action. This is my new favorite action as I used it almost exclusively when I shot this party a few weeks ago, and I'm loving the applications to pictures of children. It makes me feel like I'm back in the 70's with a nice, slightly tacky Polaroid shot (just ignore the fact that I was born in the mid-80's). The rustic charm of the characteristics is probably more exciting than the picture itself, but I wanted to share it with you today. Since, you know, today is now FOUR days in a row that I've been able to come up with a blog! Like I said, Bobby took this picture of me riding my brand new bike in OCMD last Spring. Remember the infamous rash story?

Also, if you haven't already checked it out, I've applied the 70's action to a picture of one of my beautiful nieces on my Photography Site...I think it tops my list as one of my new favorite pictures!

1 comment:

Andy & Candice Peterson said...

That's a neat picture!! I'm glad someone is out enjoying the weather!!!