
Have you ever heard that song? Billy Joel wrote it. I have had a music crush on Billy Joel since Bobby and I went to his concert last summer for our anniversary. My favorite song? Downeaster Alexa. I'm not sure why exactly, but I think Bobby has learned to love it too. Here's the story:
Every morning for the past year and a half, I cannot seem to be pleasant in the morning. I just don't like to talk. This gets me into trouble now, because I'm married and I have to share my mornings with another person. Being grumpy or quiet gets me no where with a husband who likes to be playful in the morning. To remedy my grumpiness and his need for talking in the morning, he created a play list on my iphone for us to listen to while getting ready for work. Most of the songs were, of course, Billy Joel and some other late 70's music I love for some reason. So as the playlist is running down, it gets to my favorite song, Downeaster Alexa. I can hardly contain myself as I sit there curling my eyelashes, so I finally burst out into sing along with Billy and "mock" play the piano when the beat so calls for it. I must have scared Bobby half to death as he's hardly heard a peep out of me before 7:30 a.m. for almost two years.
And still, almost every morning, he plays me my Downeaster Alexa song just so he can laugh and be playful with me in the morning.
How is this related to anything? Well, it's not. But every time I'm crossing over a bridge, that silly song pops into my head and I cannot contain myself... I just have to sing. So, for your listening and viewing pleasure, I've added the Downeaster Alexa song to my playlist on here so it will get stuck in your heads. AND here's a picture of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge that I took while taking photos of Baby Aidan.

P.S. I've blogged three days in a row on The Barrick Times. I think I am going to make a challenge for myself to blog every day for a week. If I haven't eliminated all of my readers by the end of this week, God Bless You. Do you think I can make it?
2 comments:
now i have to go to itunes and listen to that song!!
Yup! Haha, see?! I knew there would be an influx of downloading that song today :)
Post a Comment