Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem


...hypothetically speaking. Bobby and I spent the last 6 days in Ocean City, Maryland for a little Memorial "weekend" get-a-way! After not having been there in a year or so, it was comforting to see that it hadn't changed much. So before I begin, let me start by saying the following: remember that same rash I got on my honeymoon? Well, it returned a few days into our trip. Oh yes, people, large, red, SWOLLEN rash spread like wildfire all over...except where my bathing suit was. The culprit? Sunscreen. Turns out me and Coppertone don't get along so well. Despite my swollen neck and itchy ankles during most of our trip, we had the most relaxing time!

Ok, so it doesn't look that bad in the picture, but let me assure you, it was not fun!

For those of you who may not know, I love the beach. Actually, I just loving being by the water. As a kid, I can remember arriving to the beach at night, but being able to hear the waves as we pulled in. That distinct ocean smell... the smell of a special "brew" of ocean water (we went to Rehoboth Beach, when I was a kid) would pour through the windows as I tried to sleep that night. It was a new smell, but it's always been constant each time I return. Going to OC was so fun for me because it's our first vacation since our honeymoon last year. It's so exciting because we get to make memories from "scratch" that we will remember for the rest of our lives "back when we were just newlyweds." So a brief synopsis of our trip: we didn't wake up before sunrise and I had no idea what time we went to bed each night. We spent most of the day on the beach or on our bikes, cooked out for a few dinners, ate out for more dinners, and walked - everywhere. A little rule we've established for ourselves: don't look at the clock while you're on vacation. Much to my father and sister's dismay, it is a beautiful thing (I highly recommend it).

So to further illustrate what a BEAUTIFUL weekend it was, here are some pictures!


Bobby in his element at the grill.

Before a night out to The Angler - our favorite place in OC (Talbot St).

On my cruiser (playing with the settings on our new camera).
Jumping over the pools on the beach. All the little kids were swimming in these because they were so fun! (and much warmer than the ocean)

Happy Memorial Day! ...at breakfast on the boardwalk.

No comments: