Monday, March 2, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

From The Barrick Times


20 points to whoever can name the TV show this blog title came from...

Well, last night and most of today, SOMD got its wish! SNOW! I honestly can't remember the last time we had this much accumulation. Here in So. Cal. we got about a foot of snow! Although work wasn't canceled, I was proud to sport my Target "Uggs" to work today to prove that Melissa Barrick is capable of wearing something other than heels to work!

From The Barrick Times


From The Barrick Times


Anyway, the snow started Sunday afternoon and fell until about 2 p.m. this afternoon. We let Killian outside and he had no idea what to expect! He actually wanted to stay out there for a while, despite the cold on his poor bare feet! I half attempted to go outside and take pictures on Sunday afternoon, but about 5 minutes into my outdoors-y photo shoot, it started pouring freezing rain, NOT snow. Two pictures and five minutes later, I got right back into the Jeep and went home. Regardless, today was spent marveling over the beauty of the snow and watching our pathetic cat watch for birds in the snow outside.

From The Barrick Times


From The Barrick Times


Also, you may have noticed that my pictures are bigger!!! I have been doing a lot of playing around with both of my blogs these past few days to really tailor to your viewing pleasure. I'm still getting the hang of it, so please have patience with me!

From The Barrick Times


From The Barrick Times

1 comment:

KR said...

Mr. Rogers!!! I miss him. I am a friend of Bennett & Jen's. LOVE all your pictures! You are very talented!!