Monday, January 19, 2009

Poor Ravens


I must admit... I love football, but I don't have a favorite football team. I prefer to judge the players by their...skills. Brett Farve, for example. What a stunning athlete. I mean, those rugged features, killer arm and obvious knack for remaining loyal (yea right!). He's a keeper, IF he decides to keep you.
Now take Tom Brady for example (and I am by no means a New England fan). Oh, but that smile. He could melt an angry Line Backer with just a flash of those pearly whites. My heart, be still! Anyway, you get my drift.
I tend to follow individual players based upon their athletic merit rather than good looks... or the entire team. Now, the Ravens are completely lacking in the "looker" department, which made it extremely difficult to pay close attention to the play-off game yesterday against the Steelers (and no, Ben Rothlesberger is no "looker" either). However, we were surrounded by hundreds of super-charged Ravens fans that were intently watching the game. I had no choice but to join in the frenzy. Much (I'm sure) to my husband's dismay, I actually knew what was going on throughout the entire game!
So after the game was over and we headed out on our 2.5 hour drive back to "So. Cal" (Southern California, Maryland) with our car full of engineers, I was finally able to talk about the game with the guys and have some clue of what I was talking about.

1 comment:

S said...

oh what an adorable photo!!! Lovely! ANd I agree. The Ravens are completely lacking in the LOOKER dept!!!