Perhaps you don't remember me. My name is Melissa Barrick... I used to blog occasionally on this site. You probably don't recognize me with my squinted eyes and scrunched up face from a week of grimacing a burying my head in textbooks all week long.
Oh, you remember? Ok, Good!
Nice to be back. Although I'll probably be gone again soon. Really, I'm just poking my head in to let you know we're still alive.
Back in my UMD days, I vaguely remember the students calling the last week or two of classes "Hell Week." You know, the weeks leading up to final exams? Well, it's arrived. In flying colors. At the same time as a major holiday which requires travel.
December 6th will mark the last day of my exams. I will personally be hosting a book burning featuring "Statistics for Business and Economics." It'll be a great show, not to be missed.
Just kidding about that one.
Bobby and I are road-tripping down to NC this weekend for a big family bash. I will be singing "Gone to Carolina in my Mind" all the way down. Bobby loves it when I sing songs relevant to what we're doing. Just like last weekend, I sang "She'll be comin' down the mountain when she comes..." while we were driving home from the mountains. I've never seen a man clench the steering wheel so hard.
Good Bye Forever! "...In my mind, I've gone to Carolina...can't you just feel the moon shine, baby, it's like a friend of mine who kicked me from behind..." Thanks James Taylor.
No comments:
Post a Comment