Thursday, November 6, 2008

Accomplishment


This will be me (well, this really is me) in one month. Finished. Reached my goal. Kaput. And I guess you could say, hypothetically speaking, I will have reached the "summit." For those of you scratching your heads and wondering "Melissa Barrick has really climbed a mountain?!" Yes, my dear blog stalkers, I have.

Regardless, one month from today I will be driving home from my LAST final exam of my undergraduate studies. And only 12 weeks after that, I will have received that flimsy little 8.5x11 piece of ecru cardstock with a pretty little stamp on it that only cost my loving Dad (and my company) over $50 G's. The four-and-a-half most painful years of my existence will cease on that day. I'm just kidding... it hasn't been THAT bad. I've just got "senioritis." I've got it bad.

Maybe on that day will I actually climb a mountain to embrace the symbolism of this blog post and the picture referenced herein. Oh, the symbolism... take my back to my freshman year in college when I was walking to my FIRST college literature class when to my horror, my book bag broke and my 3905 books spewed all over kingdom come... why did I have to take myself back to that place?

Accomplishment, people, is what I stand for. Procrastination? Never.

Now go have a chuckle because we all know that's not true.

No comments: