Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bobby!


I was 18 when we met. Bobby was 22. It's hard to believe that it was only 7 short years ago that we met. He was cute, in a nerdy kind of way. After all, he was an engineer. Later in the evening he announced that he was an Eagle Scout and that confirmed it. He was a nerd. But he was still really cute. And funny. Being the *mature* 18-year old that I was, I decided to overlook his boy scout background. I'm so glad I did.

A few months past and I never heard from Bobby. It wasn't until New Years Eve, when my sister, Christina threw a little get-together...Bobby was also invited. My best friend, Karoline, went with me. We played games that night, watched some movies and went to bed way too late. Bobby and I stayed up much later talking the night away. The next morning as Karoline and I were driving home, I whispered to her with a huge grin on my face, "I think I really like that guy!" Four days later, it was official. I was Bobby's girl.

Over the course of our dating period, I was so intrigued by this guy. He took me to nice restaurants, bought me my first Tiffany's, took me hiking (yea, I was trying really hard to get this guy to like me!!!), wrote me long e-mails about who-knows-what, and always held my hand. After spending time with Bobby, I would always marvel at how smart he was - he knew so much about everything! He wasn't ostentatious or a know-it-all, and was very humble. Before I knew it, I was head over heels for him. The rest is history.

Now that we've been together about 7 years, we've both changed so much, and so much has happened in our lives this far: our first house, vacations together, new baby... I am always amazed at what an awesome man I married. Lord knows that I would be lost without this man. Now, when I see him with our son, it makes me love him even more because I am so confident in what a great Dad he will be for Camden. I am so thankful that Baby Cam will have Bobby to look up to, and to model after for his whole life.

Happy Birthday, Love. Twenty-Nine years young and going strong. I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of our days together!

No comments: