I feel like a lot has happened in the last week. This age is SO much fun because Cam is really doing so many new things!
Last weekend, he started saying "Mamamamama." He would mainly babble it when he was fussing or wanted something. It sounded so pathetic (and adorably wonderful, all at the same time!), that I picked him up as soon as he would do it. A few days later (and after listening to the Beach Boys Station on Pandora), he started saying "Bababababa." I think it's because "Barbara Ann" is his favorite song to listen to ;)
Thanks to Nana Barrick, Bobby and I were able to enjoy a nice, relaxing dinner out for Bobby's 29th Birthday last weekend. It was only the second time we've gone out withOUT baby along, and way overdue. It felt so good to get dressed up and eat out late. I love eating out, and I love eating late. It makes me feel European somehow. Strange? I don't know, I just like it. Amazingly enough, we didn't talk about Camden once while we were out, except on the way home.
Two of the most fun things about this week... he's starting to sit up a little on his own! He still can't catch himself totally if he falls back, but he's working on it! He's also starting to jump! He learned how to do it in his exersaucer (I have yet to catch it on video), and while I eat breakfast in the morning, he's just sitting there jumping away. I bought him a doorway swing so that he can do it more and not be confined to the exersaucer. I think he'll like it!
So, 20 weeks is just over 4 and a half months old. I weighed him the other day and he was 16 pounds, 3 ounces, which means he's gained one pound since his 4 month check-up! For those of you still wondering... yes, we are still breastfeeding and it's the best. We have not started solid foods yet, but probably will around 6 months old. If all still goes well, we plan to breastfeed for a year. So far, it's my favorite thing about having a baby (it was very challenging for the first 2 months or so, I will admit... I can see why people stop). I love that time we have together.
Anyway, I had a few people ask for more pictures of Camden with the wood background from last weekend, so I included a few more of those. The wood came from a huge tree that fell in our backyard. It was nicely stacked in the back yard until last weekend when Bobby's friend took it all away. I'm kind of sad - it was a great backdrop for pictures! Oh well.
Have a great weekend everyone!
He's not sure about the grass... I keep trying to put him in it so he'll get used to it, but alas...he still isn't sure about it.





No comments:
Post a Comment