Last week, my parents, Cam and I ventured out to Illinois to visit my 93 Year Old Grandmother, Aunt, Uncle and cousins {and "Aunt" Karoline!}. It had been years since I went out there, so I wanted to take Camden out to meet his Great Grandmother. Ok, ok... and I wanted to see my cousins too. I'm so thankful that my parents were with me {Bobby was traveling on business, so we hit the road too!}. I was happy to have some help toting all of his baby gear throughout the airport! We did well, and Camden slept the whole flight with hardly any fussing.
I kick myself because I realized that I hardly took any pictures of my cousins. I wanted to badly just to chat with them since it had been so long that I must have just forgotten! It's a shame though, because they all now have the most adorable children! An excuse for us to go back soon, yes?!
Anyway, it was great to see everyone, especially my Grandmother. We celebrated my Mom's birthday and my Dad's retirement {45 years at the same company - go Dad!}. I talked baseball with my Uncle Joe every night, went for a walk with my mom, visited Wrigley Field, had dinner with my best friend, and went to Starbucks every day. It was fabulous. There are Starbucks' everywhere there! Most importantly, my cousin, who is stationed in Afghanistan with the Air Force, and I set up a Skype call with my Grandmother. It had been years since I've seen her, and I know it was a while since my Grandmother saw her as well. We are all so proud of you, Abigail!
Here are just a few pics from our trip...
Camden LOVED MomMom! Every time she would talk to him, he would give her a HUGE smile! It was so cute!
My Aunt Jane was such a great hostess!
Camden and Grandpa
My awesome cousin (in the baseball hat) and his adorable family!
My mom will stop in her tracks when she see's this picture. She had no idea I knew so much about baseball when my Uncle Joe and I were talking! She normally wouldn't be caught dead around professional sports, but she did it for Camden ;)
Mama and Camden in front of Wrigley Field
We are not Cubs fans, but Daddy requested a picture of his son in front of one of the most famous stadiums. This is for you, Daddy.
Baby loved Aunt Jane!












No comments:
Post a Comment