Wednesday, July 27, 2011

12 Weeks



It kills me. Every wedding I've shot since Camden was born, I cry at one - and only one - part: the Mother-Son dance. Why? Because that's going to be me in 25 years. {Yikes. I'll be 50 years old by then.} He's going to meet some fabulous girl, and leave his Mama. I don't know what's worse: the fact that he's going to leave. his. Mama. I repeat...LEAVE his MAMA!? Or the fact that he's going to love another woman more than me one day.

All of a sudden, 25 years doesn't seem like a lot of time.

Cuddling. Yes, more cuddling. We will cuddle every day until that day. Although I have a feeling that when he turns 13 that will be kinda weird, and he won't want to cuddle with his Mama anymore. Oh, that will be a sad day too.

So, I adore this little boy. Have I told you that?? I must confess that I was quite nervous to have a boy. After all, I grew up with mostly girls and we all idolized our only brother. All I knew was American Girl dolls, Barbies, and dress-ups. I will admit that I am still a little nervous for him to get older. Will I be able to keep up with him? What happens if he brings home a box full of nasty frogs or wants me to go camping with him? My poor son has been in Nordstrom, Marshalls and Target more than any little baby, I'm sure. I guess that's why God planned it for babies to have Mama's and Daddy's. Daddy's are tough and can handle a box full of frogs and outdoor camping trips. Mama's are gentle and give lots of hugs, kisses and cookies.

At least that's what Camden's Mama and Daddy are. His Mama's especially about the cookie part :)

Camden is 12 weeks old now. Just shy of 3 months. This boy is growing daily. It's unreal. Here's what this boy has been up to this week:

- Hating tummy-time less and less. He can be on his stomach for more than a minute without screaming his fuzzy, little head off.
- He can pretty much hold his head up by himself completely.
- He outgrew his bassinet last week. He's too tall. He got that way in just a week.
- He's been sleeping like a champ in his crib overnight - averaging about 5-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night.
- His feet are almost hanging off his infant car seat...which is supposed to last him a year. I have yet to get a picture of it, but it's ridiculous. SO tall!
- He has decided he doesn't like daytime naps. I think it's the 45-minute Intruder as discussed in BabyWise. He has only been napping for 45 minutes...every 2 hours. We're working on the napping situation.
- Breastfeeding is going SO much better this week. Not much fussing and eating for longer periods of time. I love that time we have together. It's so peaceful now.
- His hair is growing much longer on top of his head! When he was born, he hardly had anything on top, but now it's filling in. I love how fuzzy it is.
- LOVES when Daddy reads to him. We've been working our way though his Children's bible. I think he likes to hear all the funny names in the Old Testament.

It's been a busy week, to say the least. I cannot believe how fast he's picking up on things! Anyway, here are some pictures from this week. Enjoy our little Peanut!





This kid has so many faces. He's so animated!


Of course, when I try to get a picture of his new milestone, he doesn't do it for the camera. He sticks his tongue out all the time, but never will do it for the camera! He's sort of doing it...



Ugh. This kills me. His little face is just so squishy and precious, no??


Now that Baby has found his hands, he never wants his pipe anymore. This is the face I get when trying to put it in his mouth.

Fuzzy head.

Check out his little bum! This is his summer outfit - naked baby and a colorful diaper. Love.

Why does he always hold his feet up?! I don't know. You can really see his little mowhawk here :)

2 comments:

A Very Berry Blog said...

he is absolutely perfectly gorgeous!!!

Mindy said...

Melissa and Bobby- He is growing so fast and you are capturing his personality in your photos so wonderfully! Congrats again, he is precious!!