Tuesday, July 12, 2011

10 Weeks + Daddy Time


My, my... our sweet boy is growing! Cam turned 2 months old last Saturday and had his 2 month check up late last week. I seriously cannot believe it's been 2 months already. The doctor had good things to report, and despite my worries about breastfeeding, Camden is putting on weight just fine and I have no reason to worry (I was worried that he wasn't getting enough when nursing, so I bought a scale, blah, blah, blah... turned out to be unnecessary, but at least I have the peace of mind). Here are his stats:

Height: 25.5 inches tall - 97th percentile!!! We definitely have a short stop on our hands!
Weight: 12 pounds, 13 ounces

He received a few vaccines this time and took them like a champ. Later that day was a little rough though... I think Camden was just mad that he got boring, old band-aids instead of fun, cartoon ones.

...And to update you on a few things happening for us:
- Yes, we are still doing cloth diapering and LOVING IT. Seriously. It's hardly any extra work, we haven't had a single blow-out or leak, and Camden's bum is the cutest thing on the block! For anyone staying at home and trying to save some money, I highly recommend it. HERE is the resource where I bought our cloth diapers.

- Yes, I am still breastfeeding. It was a little rough in the beginning and we still have our good and bad days, but the good days are starting to outweigh the bad. Not so much bad, just...challenging. I love that time with Camden and I feel so empowered that my body is made to nourish this little babe. I will admit, that breastfeeding is the hardest part about having/taking care of a baby.

- Camden is sleeping pretty well at night... We just started "cluster feeding" around 3 or 4pm - bedtime, then a "dreamfeed" right before I go to bed (usually around 11pm). He's been waking up around 4am, but usually falls back asleep until his "official" wake time - around 6am. We're playing around with what times we do things in order to get him to stay asleep until at least 6am. BUT, I'm not complaining. He's only 10 weeks and sleeping for 5-6 straight hours at night. I'll take it!

- Baby Cam takes Chicago this weekend!!! We are going to visit the Wise side of my family - lots of cousins who I haven't seen in years (plus all of their adorable children), my lovely grandmother, and my best friend from high school - Aunt Karoline! This will be our first time attempting a trip on a plane with Camden. Bobby can't come along, but thankfully I'll be traveling with my parents and they will be able to help! This makes big city #2 that Camden has visited so far. I just applied for his passport today so that we can make the trip to New Zealand for Christmas!

That's all for now... here are a few pictures from the week. Camden has started to grab hold of things. It's so much fun since now we can start using all of those fabulous toys! He also loves reading with Daddy in the evenings. Such a fun time and I'm so thankful to be able to document this all on "film."

Have a great week everyone!



Babe loves his hands! He could stay in his crib for hours just sucking on his hands if I'd let him!

Doesn't quite fit in his mouth, but it's easy to grab.

Ah, my heart melts.

Playing with Daddy.

Frustration.

Que: SQUEAL!

Oh, my boys. How I love them.

Love. My baby is so serious.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Adorable.
Isn't it so funny that they need a passport at that age. I mean really...