Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An Introduction

Hello, I'm a mother.

Over the past week, we've been through the ringer. We've spent a total of 4 nights in the hospital and finally left with one very healthy, very happy little boy.

Bobby and I cannot take our eyes off of this little babe. His every movement, sound and face keep us completely entertained. We look at each other and are just overwhelmed with love, joy, happiness, thankfulness, and about 102893 other emotions all at the same time.

While I only have a few minutes to sit at the computer right now, I promise to blog his birth story and the series of events over the last week. So many of you are asking, and I promise to deliver (ha, ha...pun not intended)!

For now, I want to introduce to you our sweet, little baby:

Camden George Barrick
May 3, 2011
9 lbs, 1 oz, 22 inches
Practically perfect in every way <3



You can expect one of these pictures at least once a week for the next year. I'm sorry, but I have to. Baby's mama is a photographer.


Camden is so long! A lot of those 9 pounds is in his length. Oh, and his cheeks.

I love these eyes looking up at me every morning. Best feeling in the world.


Camden tucks his lower lip in when he's in deep sleep and when he's playing. It's so adorable!


10 fingers and 10 toes. Check.







Camden has the crooked Barrick pinky finger. Every man in the Barrick family has this trait :)


He sits with his hands like this all the time. I do this when I'm cold. Like Mama, Like Son?


It's ok if you want to kiss these cheeks through the computer screen.


I am so thankful to have my Mom here this week helping out. I think she likes the time holding a new baby :) Despite this face, he really was enjoying his time with Grandma! We've been calling this face the Stink Eye.


That's more like it!

9 comments:

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Congrats! he adorable

Di said...

LOVE :) congrats melissa, he is handsome! and so sorry you had the craziest birth story ever, but clearly all worth it!!!!

Kelly L said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos mama!

Jen dwyer said...

OMG He's perfect in every way. I see alot of both of you in his face. You are so blessed. Congratulations!!!

Honorary Aunt K said...

He's got his Mama's big, dark eyes!

Carol said...

We have been following you on the Barrick Times and are so relieved he is finally here. And yes, even my Barrick boys have the crooked pinkie finger. Hope to see you all soon.
Love,
Aunt Carol and Uncle Billy

Yard Sale Mommy said...

I love all these great pictures Melissa! I can't believe he is a week already! Can't wait to hold him...Charlotte says "hi!"

Ashley said...

congratulations! such a precious little man! :) I can't wait to meet ours!

Aunt April! said...

Oh Melissa, He is so very CUTE!!!! And good thing that he has YOUR coloring - He looks good against black and white! Uh! Can't wait to meet him!!!! April J