Never in my life have I been required to trust in the Lord as much as I am now.
There is nothing I can do to make this baby come any faster. Sure, I ate a whole pineapple by myself. Yes, Bobby and I ate spicy Mexican food for an entire weekend. You bet I took a few walks in this gorgeous weather we've been having. Along with a slew of other "sure fire" techniques recommended by those silly "old wives," nothing is going to move this baby budge except for God's swift hand and that baby's will.
Since tonight is the eve of Easter, I've been thinking a lot about the meaning of it and the fact that I am about to experience new life at its finest and most raw form. I always loved that my birthday was in the Spring (I turned 25 a few weeks ago). Normally, everything is coming into bloom and the world just lights up as it's decorated with pale green sprouts, dusty pink blooms and a whole lot of promises that after a dark and dead winter, Christ renews the earth and breathes life into it, making all things new. On top of a new year of life that I'm given on the 12th of April every year (a blessing in itself), I'm also filled with hope that after death, LIFE is promised to those who believe and trust in Jesus.
"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live, even though he dies." - John 11:25
Pregnancy (and labor, I imagine) has been a death of sorts. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being pregnant. But a death in the mental and emotional sense. Everything I've done during this pregnancy is not for me, but for the healthy of this baby. I took no medicine to protect the baby from any harmful chemicals. I ate healthy food (except for my precious, processed sugar cereals). I'm choosing not to take any drugs during labor to protect the baby from anything potentially harmful (of course, my "sacrifices" are nothing compared to Jesus' death on the cross for our wrong doings). Pregnancy has rather been a death to myself and my selfishness. I am so thankful that this baby is due to arrive around this time of year. A reminder that after the "death" (the death of my own will and spirit) of labor, a new life will arise and give hope to his Mama and Daddy, and hopefully, everyone's life this sweet baby touches.
I still think that I haven't even began to grasp the miracle that is about to ensue. But I'm waiting. Patiently waiting for this new life to fill us up and bring us hope after a long and dead winter. Thank you, Jesus.
Happy Easter, dear readers!



No comments:
Post a Comment