Today marks 32 weeks of pregnancy for me and our little Peanut. I'm still feeling great, although it's getting increasingly hard to bend down and pick things up, get out of bed, put on my tights in the morning, pick up Killian, etc. The anticipation of meeting our little guy is just growing, as it's almost every day (it seems) we're adding something to his nursery! Bobby has been such a great sport, and while he contains his excitement pretty well, I can tell he's just as anxious as I am. I think he's secretly picked out all the Oriole's games he wants to take the baby to this summer.
With each kick and nudge in my belly, the due date grows a little closer, making birth more inevitable. I guess it was from the beginning, but still... I've enjoyed every second of this pregnancy, and I just wish I had more time to relax and sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time. While I feel like I've been pregnant forever, I also feel like I have no time to get done what I need to.
Anyway, 32 weeks and going strong. Peanut is a healthy, little kicker, and everything is right on schedule. Praise the Lord.
Today, Bobby and I came home from work to find a giant box blocking our front door. YAY! We both knew exactly what it was: our crib! Thanks to my awesome parents for such a wonderful thing...and a reality check that we are actually having a baby. Yikes. With no hesitation, we hauled (and by we, I mean Bobby) the box upstairs and got to unpacking. The crib was SO simple to put together, Bobby did it in about 30 minutes. It's rather sturdy, too. We picked the Olivia Crib from Walmart (yes, Walmart) because it was made of solid wood, and low-VOC's...important for toddlers who chew on furniture. It also had some great ratings and a good price for the style of crib we wanted. It sits low to the ground, and has fixed sides. It also turns into a toddler bed when that time comes - lots of great features for the price. It fits perfectly in our little nursery, and I just love how the little birds are flying around the crib. I'm going to call it our little songbird cage from now on...since, you know, it sorta looks like a cage.
What do you think?? Next up: to sew a crib bumper and crib skirt. I'll be doing a little tutorial with some guidance from THIS awesome blog.
Bobby is going to kill me for putting this picture up. That's what he gets for never looking at the camera and me forcing him to do so.
30 minutes later....






1 comment:
Post a Comment