Someone help. The Boden Mini catalog showed up at my house yesterday, and I - without hesitation - ripped this page from the catalog, ran up to Bobby and said "I MUST have this outfit for our son." He proceeded to roll his eyes and continue his P90X routine. All-Star Jumps. *Shudder*
Anyway, as soon as I saw this picture, all my fears about boy clothes went away.
Explanation of fears: I was in Kohl's the other day, which I never visit (they are the only place that sells maternity leggings with a full panel for not a lot of cost), and happened to walk past the children's section. It's size was rather impressive, but I was noticing that there was about 500% more girls clothes than boys clothes. And the boys clothes? Horrific. Well... not my style. They had things written all over the clothes like "Daddy's little Champ" or "Chick Magnet" or other (in my opinion) rather tacky sayings. I prefer my clothes mostly without words. Anyway, out of the whole section, which consumed about one whole side of the store, I picked out a 2-set of onesie pajamas. One white and one blue, with little, modern elephant silhouhettes on them. Ugh. Disappointing.
So, I was rather encouraged to receive this Boden Mini catalog in the mail, where I LOVED almost all of the clothes - right up my alley. Even the graphic T's were cute and (for the most part) did not contain silly sayings.
Anyway, I've had a lot of luck on Gap Baby and Old Navy Baby clothes for the same reasons. I've also seen a TON of cute things for baby boys at Marshalls/TJ Maxx - think Ralph Lauren or Polo for baby. Classic preppy. Stripes. Polo shirts. Primary Colors. Adorable. These stores will have to keep me busy until our little boy can fit into CrewCuts at size 2T :)
Now, if only Boden's prices would go down eeevvvverrrr so slightly. This outfit (which I'm determined to stalk until it goes on sale) runs about $60. I can just see out little Peanut running around on the beach in this little outfit. Shaggy, brown hair with curls and all... his mama close behind him with a camera!

No comments:
Post a Comment