Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nesting & 30 Weeks

This post serves to document all the ways in which I am nesting.

I should be editing. But instead I'm nesting.

In the past 2 weeks, Bobby and I have completed the following:
- Refinished a set of dressers to go in the baby's room
- Installed and connected recessed lighting in the basement
- Finished (with the exception of one little part) the framing in the basement
- Powered through 2 boxes of cereal and 3 gallons of milk
- Painted our master bedroom
- Hung all the art taken down from our little week-before-Christmas incident (which I did NOT blog about...more later)
- Hung gallery wall of canvases in my office
- Culled and Edited 3 weddings
- Ate 4 Frozen Pizzas
- Changed around our Baby Registry 3 times
- Swiffered the hardwood floors twice
- Called my Mom 5 times
- Compiled an inspiration collage for upstairs bathroom
- Restored wireless internet in our house after a touch-and-go 3 hours without internet
- Woke up a record of 3 times during the night to go to the bathroom (ok, this was just me)
- Painted my fingernails because I can no longer reach my toenails. I need a pedicure. I've never had naked toes in my life
- Ran 12 loads of laundry

It's been an eventful 2 weeks, to say the least! I can safely say that nesting is in full gear right now, and there's still more to be done.

Today, I've "officially" hit 30 weeks of pregnancy. Our sweet boy is kicking tons and successfully restricting airflow to my lungs. I love every minute of being pregnant and thankfully, I still feel fantastic. I may want to go to bed at 6:29 every night, but still... feeling great!

Bobby has been the most wonderful husband and hasn't complained once about any of my strange requests. Some nights, he also only gets fed cereal for dinner. He's started doing P90X again in the basement before it's all finished, and I can tell how much better he feels. I wish I could do it with him, but after baby, he tells me it's "Go Time." Yikes!

No new symptoms and I've been receiving very good reports at the Doctor. I start appointments every other week now, until I reach 36 weeks, when I'll have to go every week. We also start birthing classes this week, which I'm looking forward to. Bobby and I have committed to the Bradley Method of childbirth (basically a drug-free and husband-coached birth) and I cannot be more excited! My sister, Christina (who is about 21 weeks) is also taking the classes. It will be fun to learn everything together. Only thing that's changed as of late is my sleeping. I have been waking up several times a night to use the bathroom, and wake up feeling completely drained and not rested at all. I suppose this is preparing me for something...

Since Bobby isn't around to take my 30 week picture, I had to rely on my self-timer to get my own picture this week. I'm starting to realize that my house has terrible lighting. Hmm... Also, there are a few pictures of some changes to the house, which you may not have seen, and some awesome Etsy finds I just had to share with you!

Tick-tock...tick-tock.

Yup. Feelin' huge.

Baby's room! My cherished wood slices now hanging on the wall. That dresser will be moved into the closet and there will be a bookshelf there instead. The most adorable Owl lamp will be going on top!

Here's the dresser/changing table. There will eventually be a gallery of different prints above it, but I'm still collecting things from Etsy and different places. The dresser set was passed down to Bobby and I and they fabulously 70's, so we gave them a fresh coat of paint and new hardware. They will make the otherwise, neutral and natural room feel a little more edgy and modern!


In the nursery again... our little bassinet. The crib and bookshelf are the last big pieces left to get to go in here!


Can I just say this: I am so glad this project is done. This has been looming over our heads for over a year now and it's finally finished! I got the idea from THIS hotel. They have a similar plate wall, although a bit more random. My OCD couldn't handle the randomness, so ours is a little more symmetric. It makes me so happy to have this up... it's my favorite thing in the house!


After our little week-before-Christmas incident I mentioned earlier, we had to have the downstairs re-painted. It was a great opportunity to tweak the colors a bit. Most everything else is the same, but we deep-sixed the "Cornflower Blue" we had in the dining room. The top part now dons a chic Navy Blue, which looks way better with the rest of the house. I will be re-covering our dining room chairs a fun shade of yellow in the next few weeks for a little Pop of color in there. But wait... did you notice that on the wall there? Let's look a little closer.


My sweet friend, Lindsay, from high school is a fabulous artist and now lives in Hawaii! She recently opened up a shop on Etsy and is selling her art. She was kind enough to do a custom piece for me based on my color choices/descriptions, etc. As soon as we hung it, Bobby and I stood back and said simultaneously, "I love it." It's so cool and funky... we just love it! I love that it's also one of the first things you see when you come in our front door! Linds, you are incredibly talented. If you are looking for cute and modern canvases for your house, a nursery, a children's room, or anything... Lindsay is your girl (HERE is her awesome blog). She'a also painting two more smaller canvases that we're going to hang in the baby's room. I can't wait to get them!


I found these awesome International Boat Code Flag prints on Etsy. I love the meanings for the flags and how they can relate to marriage. My favorite: "Stop Carrying Out Your Intentions and Watch for My Signals." Frames are from Target.

Ok, that's all for now... I'm off to watch Glee and then fall asleep early. Carrying around this huge belly all day is really exhausting!

1 comment:

Lindsay @ Aisle to Aloha said...

The nursery looks great so far! :) LOOOVE those dressers! Can't wait to contribute towards baby Barrick's nursery! :)