Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Valentine


We woke up at 8:27am. Late. But it was Saturday, so it didn't matter. It was the first weekend in almost 6 months that I had a break from photography jobs and I was determined to spend the entire day with Bobby doing not much of anything.

I rolled out of bed - my moves are not so graceful these days as my belly grows - and opened the blinds in our bedroom. Delicious sunlight. Once Bobby was up, we both moseyed downstairs and headed towards the cereal. I hadn't gone grocery shopping lately, so we were limited on breakfast selections. Cereal has been my go-to food since I've been pregnant. We quietly turned on the TV and sat on the couch. Four hours passed and we hadn't moved. It was glorious. I couldn't remember the last time we did that.

I can just hear all the Mom's now... "just wait until that baby comes!"

And let me tell you, Mom's... I'm enjoying every second of alone time before baby comes. Over the past few months since I've been pregnant, I've reveled in every opportunity of silence, peace and alone time with Bobby. I won't take it for granted.

But let me just tell you. I cannot wait for our little dude to get here. He's our little Valentine this year, and I couldn't be happier.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: