Sunday, November 1, 2009

And Then There Were Projects

Our "To Do" List has quadrupled.

I can hear your laughing. Please, spare me your giggled. We've heard that this is what happens once you get a house.

But seriously.

Officially our second weekend in the new house, I was actually home to enjoy it! I've been running off taking pictures of strange, but wonderful, people almost non-stop for the past few weeks. Since I was home, Bobby decided to take full advantage of his slave labor, I mean loving wife's hands, and put me to work.

Since we had Friday off, I went to Annapolis while Bobby finished installing the garage door openers, drove to Alexandria to pick up our new desk, and put all of that together. We also turned in our keys to the apartment on Friday - woo hoo!

After a long day of taking pictures and shopping, I came home to THIS!



The desk is "Espresso Stain" and the chair is just gorgeous (and comfortable). Any ideas on what color to paint this room? It's going to be where I spend a lot of time, so I want it to make me really enjoy being in there. I'd like a room where I can be super-modern/eclectic and extremely organized. There are two more pieces coming that match this desk... a book shelf and more file cabinets that will go on the opposite side of the room. Any cool organization stores out there that sell modern-looking components? Help a sister out.

On Friday, Bobby also finished installing our blinds. Now, we can live in privacy! Yay for privacy!




Saturday, we wasted no time and woke up early. I unpacked the last few boxes in our dining room and put our china away where it will stay until y-o-u come to visit us! I believe we're through with the boxes, everything is unpacked and put away, for the most part!

While I unpacked, Bobby installed dimmer switches on some of the lights downstairs. So now when we have a party, we can have "mood lighting." We tried it last night while we were watching a movie, and it was actually very nice!

And the big project for the day was that we (and by "we" I mean Bobby) installed kitchen cabinet pulls! It looks much more "finished" than it did before. It only took me two weeks to decide which pulls to put on. I must have my Mother's gene for that!



I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! We enjoyed a night at home so we could give out candy... lots of kids in our neighborhood! It was fun to see them all and meet some of our new neighbors!

This week, we'll be trying to get a deck approved through our Home Owners Association. Shouldn't be hard, but it normally takes a few weeks. Yikes!

In other news, it's November. What?! Also found out that I'll be an AUNT again for the 9th time to a baby GIRL!!!


3 comments:

Caroline T. said...

For your office... maybe a light/bright blue... almost like Tiffany's color. To go for the Blue/Brown look. I was also thinking a coral color would be pretty and pick up the color of the beads hanging on the bottom of the lamp (if thats the color!)

Jessica M said...

You office looks awesome! I love the desk and chair. Lookws great together.

Di said...

i was going to first suggest blue too, but then you should make it a green to go along with your business colors - maybe a splash of pink here and there :)