Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blogging, what?!

I hate to be "that girl."

You know, "that girl" who shows up to parties late. (Ok, so maybe I'm "that girl" more than I'd like to think.) Or, "that girl" who has a little too much to drink and becomes slightly inappropriate. Or "that girl" who can always be counted on for a tactless comment. You know... "that girl."

Well, I'm "that girl," the one who blogged faithfully with every little step of the new house and kept you informed with all the slightly annoying nuances of our builder. Or even kept you informed with Killian's every move, or the latest stories somehow involving Bobby rolling his eyes at me. I've gone over a week without updating the Barrick Times, and when I was photographing a wedding this weekend, I was scolded by a Barrick Times follower who told me I left them hanging with my last story.

And just when you thought my lack of blogging was not enough, I don't even have a picture to follow up my story!

THE OUTRAGE!
Well, I have a laundry list of things that I've been doing this week, and every single one is a good excuse:

- Weddings and photo sessions have joyfully abounded onto my calendar. With Christmas around the corner, families from around the globe...well, the county...have been banging down my door...well, my e-mail box...booking photo sessions for their Christmas cards. While this is great and I love doing it, I have been editing almost every night. While I love every second of it, it just makes for a very long day. Very long.

- Oh yea, I have a full-time job, too, ya know...

- With the release of The Twilight Saga's New Moon movie, I've been consumed with finishing the final book before I'll let myself see the new movie.

- I have three very full bins of laundry that are eagerly waiting a ride in our new washer/dryer, but they can't load themselves.

Ok, so that's it... but they are good excuses. So let me back up and fill you in with what's been going on 'round these parts.

- Bobby and I had the fabulous Megan Beth come visit us today to take some pictures. All I'm gonna say is that they involved Killian, some sweet new boots, and a vacant field...with some bones in it. Yikes!

- Bobby started his deck project. Due to it raining the past 37950 weekends, it's been delayed. (See pictures below)

- I photographed my last wedding of the season yesterday... fabulous. Now I have about 15 more on the calendar for 2010, starting in March. Have I mentioned I love photographing weddings? I cry at each one. I'm not gonna lie.

- We pick up some more of my office furniture this week from our favorite PB. Once it arrives, I can begin decorating my office. Pardon, OUR office...

- {Heads up BJ!} Regarding our terrarium story from last post. I was unable to get pictures before the circle of life descended upon our little habitat. At one point in time, we had about 45 spiders in the window well. It rained for a week straight, and then we collected 4 or 5 frogs/toads (what is the difference, anyway?!). After a few days, all the spiders were gone. Then we had high winds for a few days and we acquired some kind of rodent (mouse, vole, who knows?!). The frog and rodent were in there together for a few days, until we noticed that the frog population began decreasing. Suddenly, there were no frogs left, and there was a very satisfied, very fat rodent left in the window well. I'm assuming that the frog had some kind of bacteria on it that made the rodent sick...so now, the rodent is...no more. Survival of the fittest.

So, not much else has been happening around here. But let me leave you with some pictures. Because honestly, what's a blog without some pictures!?

About our deck: there is something attached to the house, the footers have been dug and inspected, and as of today, the concrete has been poured for the posts are in place! Next weekend over the Thanksgiving break, we will be thankful for power tools so we can get that baby up! For now, here's a picture of the guys digging the holes. They rented a huge auger and Bobby had 2 ex-Marine's help him dig the holes!




Lastly, I'd like to thank EVERYONE for all your kind e-mails, letters, various gift cards and coupons, and just encouraging words over the past month. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Every day I've been skipping to the mail box in anticipation of some more snail mail. If for some reason I missed you with our moving announcements and would like our new address, please e-mail me separately and I'll give it to you :)


No comments: