Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Lovin'

While I hate the movie "Grease," the phrase from that stupid song is somewhat fitting for my summer thus far.

If you may not know, this is my first full summer down here in Southern Maryland as Bobby and I got married in the middle of last summer. I have been enjoying the local flavor and hundreds of roadside stands supplied by the many farms down here. I stopped at one last week and the poor farmer boys probably thought I was nuts... I was so excited to buy a HUGE bouquet of Sunflowers from them for $3!!!! 12 flowers for less than 1 "grande" Iced Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks! Oh, the deal! Aren't they beautiful though? I mean, seriously!

So here's my checklist of things accomplished this summer:

1. Get summer quota of mosquito bites : Check (Record was 25 at one time. Thanks Tiki Bar!)
2. Take the doors off the Jeep: Check (Picture is from a few years ago!)
3. Hit some baseball games with my stud-of-a-husband: Check
4. Discover new Sunscreen allergy by fighting a terribly uncomfortable rash on neck(wonderfully flattering picture, I know!): Check
5. Spend almost every summer week night doing homework (someone please tell me these past 4 years were worth it!!!) : Check
6. Brave it through a weekend with no AC (yes, on purpose, yes, very bad idea): Check
7. Attempt to understand my foreign lifeguard when he says "Ah-dough-t sv-weem" means
"Adult Swim" not "I don't swim!": Check
8. Win a cook-off with the neighbors by sending them into a sugar-coma with my Pecan Pie: Check
9. Attempt to walk 40 blocks up Coastal Hwy in OC after a night at Seacrets: Check
10. Spend almost every Saturday morning having breakfast with my handsome husband
outside on our deck: Check

So Happy Summer-ing, ya'll!

1 comment:

Christina said...

HA! I love that picture of you with the rash on your neck... I love all your thoughts and blogs! You have inspired me to blog about nothing and everything, just for fun! Now hopefully, I can stay motivated enough to do it as often as you!