It's here. And I never thought it would be here, but it's here. My baby turned 52 weeks on Tuesday. Although he's not officially one yet, our weekly picture routine has come to a close. If I hadn't been fussing over Camden to get him to hold still for the picture, I would have been crying. If I had been crying, then Camden probably would have hugged me and patted my back like he does to his stuffed animals when he thinks they're sad. And then I would have cried even more, because my baby is not really a baby anymore.
He laughs, he gets mad, he wines, he signs and communicates, he blows me kisses every morning when I'm nursing him.
I can't believe how big he's gotten over the last year. Shoot. Just looking at his 3, 6, 9 and 12 month comparison, he's such a different baby! But I suppose that's bound to happen.
We had lots of fun this week. I've been trying to prepare for his FIRST birthday party this weekend so we've been busy, but we still had time to be outside and enjoy the nice weather! This boy loves to be outside, and even better, he loves to get dirty and splash....and occasionally take a drink from the garden hose.
Tomorrow he turns one and my heart will explode with sadness and joy all at once. Can someone please pinch me?
He was soaked by the time we came inside.
Just taking a little drink.
He loves sitting on "big chairs," as we call them. Or our "big bed" in the mornings.
We walk every day up to get the mail. He loves looking at the truck! If he could run, he'd be doing it.
My sweet trouble-maker. I tell him "no" a million times, but the toilet paper roll never ceases to fascinate. I'll know I forgot to close the bathroom door when the entire roll is emptied on the ground.
The year. This makes me so sad, but so happy all at the same time.










1 comment:
he is GORGEOUS. 1 is such a fun age! i absolutely love your photography by the way! so glad i found your blog..
new follower, please stop on by:
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment