Monday, May 14, 2012

Stillness + A Kiss

The night is still and quiet... except for my sweet and restless, little boy.

He lays in the middle of our bed (an unusual treat), nestled into the crook of my arm, his feet resting on Bobby's sleeping chest.

Daddy's tired and has to work tomorrow. Mama's tired and slightly irritated that her boy won't sleep. Humming quietly in my throat, I hope that my voice soothes this babe, who desperately needs to sleep. He grabs a few fingers from my hand, which lays across his own chest, sucking his pacifier vigorously.

A few moments pass like this as I finish humming. My baby removes his pacifier, lifts his head up to look at me, blows me a kiss and shares the most contented, cheeky grin I've ever seen...erasing all irritation and replacing it with pure bliss. At 3:00 in the morning, that's exactly what I needed.

Camden, my little heart & soul.


No comments: