I'd be lying if I said I haven't been emotional these past couple of weeks. My life has drastically changed over the past year, but I wouldn't trade anything for what we have now. My life, it seems, is being completed... all part of HIS plan. Every breath, every tear, every squeal of excitement, every pout and every prayer during the day has become part of our lives and our souls.
From a tiny, still babe in my arms, to an active, very healthy little boy, Camden has taught me so much already. I never imagined the quantity of things these little babes do in their first year. Their brains go from very little to functioning children in just 365 days. I've learned patience and gentleness like I've never known before. I've prayed more, sung lots of songs, kissed away more tears, cleaned up more Cheerios and confided more in my husband than ever before.
I knew my life would change, but never so profoundly.
This week, I logged the final details into Camden's baby book for his first year. I little shred of sadness entered my mind, but then was completely wiped away by all the joy I felt when I thought about all the fun times that lay ahead of us in the coming years! I'm blown away daily by Camden's budding personality and physical ability. Realizing now that I was once bored in my prior life, God gave me a boy - a very active boy, and my life is very seldom boring!
- Weight: 20 pounds, 8 oz (24th percentile)
- Height: 31 inches (88th percentile)
- Illnesses: Stomach bug + Inner Ear Infection right at 12 months old
- Diapers: Primarily cloth diapering and going strong
- Nursing: Once a day, first thing in the morning. Otherwise, cows milk from a bottle (yes, I know, not a zippy cup yet)
- Food: Mostly table food, and some purees. Still mostly homemade. Loves: spinach, squash, lima beans and chick-fil-a nuggets. Oh, and cheese.
- Sleep: Two 1.5 hour naps a day. Sleeps 10-11 hours straight each night.
- Walking: Able to walk independently for almost 2 months now. Add in climbing, crawling, dancing and running.
- Speech: Mimics everything. Definite words include "roughly": mama, dada, truck, tractor, doctor, diaper, cheese, get down/drop down, shoes, snack, Jack-Jack (his cousin), toe, tickle, window, bum (our word for "private parts"), Jeep, keys, cat, cow, dog, owl and car noises.
- Signs/Gestures: More, please, diaper, airplane, finished, shakes head "no" and "yes," milk. Points to things he wants/sees. Dances to music, claps hands, starting to use fork and spoon independently.
- Favorite things: Henry & his crib blanket, pacifier, noise maker, sitting in the Jeep, chasing Killian, taking showers, and sitting in "big chairs."
This boy melts my heart daily, and also is beginning to try my patience. He is often solemn, but also giggles when he is so moved. He loves music and dancing and already has a hold on my heart. Lord help me the day he decides to leave his Mama.
Here's the one year comparison... taken exactly one year apart. (Newborn photo by "The Beautiful Mess," One Year photo taken by me as comparison!).




No comments:
Post a Comment