Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's in my Baby Bag

I love bags. Purses in particular. But what may be surprising is that I've never owned a "designer" handbag! All of that changed when I became pregnant almost two years ago and set my sights on a Kate Spade Baby Bag. It was big, adorable, trendy, and had lots of fun pockets to put lots of fun baby stuff in! As my due date got a little closer, I began to fill it with lots of things I had read about on other blogs - Mama Essentials. Over the course of the past year, and with our needs changing as Camden became less an infant and more a toddler, our diaper bag contents have evolved.

I've been meaning to post this earlier, but now I feel like we're at a consistent place as far as baby items are concerned. I want to share with you some of MY favorite things that are super useful to us since we're always on the go.

I do not take my diaper bag with me everywhere: trips to the grocery store, lunch with friends, a walk to the park, etc... the bag stays at home or in the car. The bag I have is large, and at times inconvenient for me to lug it around just for some quick errands. If taking the large diaper bag is not an option, we have a smaller pouch that holds diapers and wipes, which we'll put in one of our bags (Bobby even has a Man-Diaper Bag, which I bought him for his first Father's Day last year) - say to visit a baseball game, or other event.

Hopefully any new mamas out there will find this helpful!


What's in my Baby Bag


Kate Spade zip around wallet
$178 - couture.zappos.com
**A larger wallet that I can transfer to any bag and not feel completely lost. 

Bare Escentuals lip gloss
$15 - sephora.com
**For Mama

Aveeno sun care
$8.79 - amazon.com
**This is great on Camden's sensitive skin

Neat Solutions Table Topper C(18Ct
target.com 
***THESE ARE A MUST-HAVE!!!

Ella's Kitchen Apples Apples Apples, 2.5-Ounce (Pack of 7)
$11 - amazon.com
**I have made Camden's baby food, but these are great for on-the-go snacking!

Crocs Toe Bumper Flops Flip Flops
$25 - piperlime.gap.com
**I get so many compliments on these. Not normally a big fan of crocs, but they are great for warm weather, pool visits and exploring in the yard! 

Johnson's Baby Hand & Face Wipes
$2.99 - drugstore.com
**When hand-washing is not available.

Curad Mini First Aid Kit
$2 - drugstore.com
**Just in case!

The Original Sophie the Giraffe Teether Toy
£12 - amazon.co.uk
** Camden used this since he was an infant. He still loves it!

MATCHBOX MISSION FORCE Crime Crew
$9.99 - mattel.com
**For those times when you're waiting....waiting....






Other Items:
1) Kate Spade Stevie Baby Bag - They no longer carry this pattern, but I love the other options!
2) LifeFactory Glass Baby Bottle with Sippy Cup Lid (we have used these bottles from the beginning with nipples, but switched the lid as he's gotten older)
3) Cheerios
4) iPhone 4 - my lifeline!
5) Kashi Fiber Bars for a Mama Snack
5) PlanetWise Wet Bags for Cloth Diapers - Large Size
6) BumGenius Elemental All-In-One Cloth Diapers

I am totally obsessed with Polyvore - another Social Network. You can follow my creations HERE! If you're a Mama, what must-have's are in YOUR diaper bag? I'd love for you to share!

Also, I started a new monthly series over on my Photography blog. To celebrate the first post in the series, I'm hosting a giveaway of some of my favorite things! Go on over and check it out!

No comments: