Monday, April 16, 2012

April Summer

It's 84 degrees outside and it's 82 degrees inside our house. I refuse to turn on the air conditioning in April out of principle. I'm beginning to lose this battle because we were experiencing this heat in FEBRUARY. We've only had a couple of cold days this winter and spring. My poor winter coat has only been used a handful of times!

Toady was especially warm and beautiful out, and I couldn't bare to be in the house any longer. We went to Starbucks to grab an iced coffee, and Camden split a mini cherry pie with me. When we got home, I grabbed all the buckets I could think of along with some various kitchen supplies and headed outside with some water. I stripped my poor, sweaty baby down to his knickers and put him by the buckets full of water to play! He had so much fun splashing and dumping the water. He kept begging to put his feet in the water, so I finally took off his diaper (yes, we are still doing cloth diapers!) and let him sit in the water. MY oh my, it was like I had a different baby on my hands... free as a bird, diaper less and carefree! If only he could have a bottle of milk in his hands, he would have thought he was in heaven! Have I told you how much my boy loves to be naked? Anyway, it's amazing how long a couple measuring spoons and cups and funnels can keep a baby occupied.

This weekend was my first time spending the night away from BOTH my boys. I think Camden missed me because all he has wanted to do yesterday and today is cuddle. It warms this Mama's heart. Now that he's walking and VERY busy, I know those cuddles will not come often. I'll enjoy them when I can.

Now that baby is sleeping and I've picked up the house a bit, I'm on the verge of a nap and I think I'd be ok if I took it on my computer desk. It is 82 degrees in this house, after all. Can't remember the last time summer took place in April. The heat and fresh air... it's good for my soul.









Please excuse the quality on these next few, they were taken with my iPhone.



No comments: