It has been officially one week since Camden took his first steps on his own. Since then, he's gotten a lot more confident about standing on his own and walking several controlled steps in a row! Today especially, he's let go of my hand a few times. He walked across my bedroom earlier, and this afternoon, he walked around the kitchen island unassisted! I have to rub my eyes - is this really happening? He's still a baby and now he's using his legs!? Very strange to see.
Anyway, our boy has also been busy cutting some molars. He now has a total of 11 teeth - three of which are molars. Through those teeth have been coming "words," or mimicking noises. He seems to say a new one every couple of days. Among his vocabulary are: DaDa, Mama, NoiNoiNoi ("no no no"), di-dah (kitty cat), tuck (truck), among others. He's also starting to sign on a regular basis, which is very helpful during meal times. He will consistently sign "more," "all done," "water," and "airplane" which has nothing to do with meals, except we hear airplanes fly over occasionally during lunch and we talk about it! We have an iPad App for sign language that we watch together - it has babies actually doing the signs, which Camden enjoys.
In other news, my business has taken off more than I could have ever imagined in only 3 years. A couple is flying me out to PARIS to take pictures for their wedding!! I am overjoyed and cannot believe the opportunity. I am taking Bobby to carry my bags and we'll be spending some time in Deauville, Normandy and Paris while we're there (the wedding itself is in Paris). Luckily, it will be our five year anniversary while we're out there, so we'll get a chance to celebrate baby-free :) Most of you - friends and family - had a huge role in encouraging me to keep going, or have given me some sort of business advice along the way. For that, I'm genuinely thankful. God has blessed us beyond my dreams.
I hope all of you enjoy your Easter with family and friends. Remember the reason we celebrate - so that we have hope after we die through Jesus Christ. Many blessings to you!
Walking!



No comments:
Post a Comment