It's. almost. there.
I sit here writing to you from my bright red couch and jammies while my husband has been slaving away in the basement all weekend long. My dear, sweet in-laws have been down here for the past 3 weekends to furiously help him since I'm pretty much out of commission when it comes to fumes of any kind, dust or bending over. (You guys are incredible, thank you!)
I've been told to cross my legs for one more week until Bobby can get the plumbing and bedroom squared away! Just kidding....but not really. It's *this close* to being livable and completely functional. And for that, I am so excited.
You see, our guest room is now inhabited by a crib, lots of little clothes, and a very lazy cat who likes to sleep UNDER the crib. My mom is coming to stay with us for a week after our sweet Little gets here, so it would be great if we could have somewhere for her to stay! Apart from that, we're expecting other out-of-town guests overnight (like Peanut's Aunt Christina and Uncle AJ, who are carrying Peanut's cousin) soon after, so we want to have a place for them to stay and feel welcome.
Anyway, there's a lot to do this week still and thankfully I'll finally be able to help out a little. I get to let the carpet installer guy in the door. Go me!
So here are some pictures of the progress from this weekend - the flooring! Sorry for the quality. Some were from my iPhone and others from our little Point and Shoot, which I still haven't figured out!
Have a great week, everyone!
The stairs are still pretty scary, but they will soon be covered with pretty carpet!
Bobby is spending the day doing grout on the tiles in the bathroom - yay! Then we can paint and do final plumbing. And when I say "we," I mean "Bobby."
Please excuse the mess... and the little belly in the picture. I can't help it these days. In case you can't tell, the shower surround is white subway tile and the floor is gray, slate-colored porcelain tile. The bathroom vanity will be going where the blank space is... duh.
Ta-Da!! This is looking back into the basement.






1 comment:
Looks so good! Can't wait to come see it in person. I might end up getting that for our house since it's on a slab, people are telling me wood might warp.
Post a Comment