Lunch. That's what he wants... and so did his 4 other friends. Greedy, I tell you. (Just kidding)
So our deck is coming along. It'd be great if the weather would cooperate! Poor Bobby has been working out in the freezing cold, sleet, snow, pouring rain, all just to build our deck and have it finished before Christmas. He's actually more than half way through. Please tell Santa that we would like a fire pit for Christmas. Thank you.
(From the inside... it was too cold and wet to actually go outside and take a picture.)
I finally had a less-than-crazy weekend last weekend and was able to start my first craft project in the new house! A few weeks ago, a friend and I went to this Antique Store (The Vintage Source) down here in Leonardtown. Of all the things we need to furnish the house, I procured an antique window, complete with lead paint and a crack. I'm not sure why I was drawn to this window, but now every time I say I'm going shopping, my friend asks me if I'm going "window shopping." Then she giggles. It's very funny, but I'm afraid it's an inside joke. Regardless, this puppy needed to be sanded and refinished, so I worked in the basement for most of Saturday while it mercilessly rained down freezing ice. Oh, what? You want to know whether I wore a mask while sanding my lead paint-infested window? Nope...no. I didn't. I just held my breath ;)
Among other home projects, I snuck away to Lowes, where I acquired 4 mini cans of paint, which I promptly brushed onto our new, naked walls to test some colors. And no... this paint color is not black. (Oh, I can hear my mother now!) We will start to paint after Christmas - yay!
In other news, I bought a glass artichoke for decoration today. Don't hate...it's very chic.
Is Christmas here yet? I need a vacation!





2 comments:
Love the Vintage Source! It's a Vintage Source weekend coming up too! :)
Jessica S.
I'll happily join you for "window" shopping anytime!! ;-)
Post a Comment