
Sometimes I just need a change.
I know what you're going to tell me. "Melissa, you've changed the background pattern like 50893 times in the last week." Guilty, I know. But you just don't understand.
It's like this: You need (but mostly just want) a new pair of shoes. These shoes will make you happy. These shoes will take you to High School Reunions (more about that later). These shoes will make your Little Black Dress that much more fabulous.You search. And search. And search. You search online, you search the stores, you search everywhere for the shoes that just scream out your personality and style.
But no luck.
You find a pair at PayLess... yeah, they are cute, but they aren't "The Ones," but they're only $14.99 and they will look just OK with your LBD. You keep looking.
Then one day while you're lazily browsing through E-Bay, you find them. And they steal your heart forever. You quickly run through every article of clothing you own and immediately think, "These will go with EVERYTHING!" ...even if they are hot pink.
The day I found my perfect shoes was like the day I found out about Ellie and her blog-template-designing-genius skills. I wasted absolutely no time in contacting her because I just knew her blog template for Blogger was exactly what I was looking for to give The Barrick Times a new and fresh look AND fit my personality and our style to a "T." I just had to have it.
So, I got it. And now my bloggy-blog has a brand new (much-needed) face lift. And now, dear Readers, if your blog needs a face lift too, I think you should send her an e-mail to acquire some of her skills. She is the Blogger Doctor, after all, and...she's just plain fabulous to work with! You can see all of her delicious creations over at her website: RainyDayTemplates.com.
Now, I want to out all you Readers out there and force you, hold you at...uhh, MOUSEpoint, trick you into leaving a comment and telling me just who you are and where you are tuning in from. Why? Because this silly little blog of mine has reached 10,000 hits!!! Now, that's just crazy.
So, I demand that you out yourself and tell me who you are and where you are located. Why? Because I said so! And also, give me a shout out so you can tell Ellie how awesome she did with transforming my blog! I'm going to force her to leave a comment, too. THERE, HA.
I told you I was tricky.
2 comments:
LOL. I can finally tell my parents I'm a doctor. They'll be so proud.
Thank you for being such an easy, enthusiastic client. I hope this here new pair of shoes serves your, um, blogfeet well.
And now I will bow out before the metaphor becomes any more convoluted.
Thanks, Melissa. =)
Hey! It's Jess (Crowder) Johnson from Omaha, Nebraska!
Post a Comment