.jpg)
Excusez - moi while I get a little philosophical and nostalgic in this post...
.jpg)
I love Annapolis. For those of you who know me down in SOMD, you know this because I talk about it constantly. My knees still go weak at the sight of a midshipman...although now, most of them are younger than me, which is a little weird now. Ah, those handsome summer white uniforms walking blissfully around the harbor as gaggles of 'tweens turn their heads in the most coy of manner to follow the most wonderful of sights. Oh how I miss it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Anyway, I came to Annapolis on Friday to meet some friends for lunch and afterwards, traipsed around downtown (in my heels, no less... can we say cobblestones?!) to take some pictures. I was a little bashful at first because of how indescribably nerdy and tourist-y I looked with my camera strap around my neck, big black sunglasses, bright yellow skirt and yes, the heels. Perhaps next time I go somewhere to take pictures, I'll dress less conspicuously (self-conscious, much?).
.jpg)
I digress. Walking around, I had forgotten how beautiful and quaint Historic Annapolis is. I walked along several back roads with colorful houses and rows and rows of American flags on the doors. How patriotic. I'm an emotional person, so I shed a tear over that thought, but continued to walk.
.jpg)
.jpg)
After snapping about 200 pictures (I love digital photography), the blister on my heel was beginning to talk to me telling me to get back in my car and go home: first because the sky was ominous and it was going to rain, and second, because my heels would be very angry if I kept walking. My (now) big blister also told me to go to Starbucks before I got in my car. Not really, but I went anyway. How I love my grande iced skim caramel macchiato. Shortly after I was on my way back home, leaving my beautiful memories back on Main Street where they will remain forever over-romanticized in my mind. But that's ok, because anyone who's lived in or near Annapolis knows exactly what I'm talking about.
+copy.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Cheers to Naptown!
Man, did you do Naptown justice with those pics! I MISS HOME!!! Yes, I still call it that, despite living here in Fred-neck for 3+ years now. All well, we'll get back there someday! At least, that's the plan for now...eventually!
Post a Comment