.jpg)
First of all, let me just say - WOW. One thing I love about living "down south" is being close to the water. Being a very proud Annapolitan (or Severna "Parkie"), I just love being by the water. The sunsets, the humidity, the breeze, the faint fishy smell of the Chesapeake... I love it all.
Tonight was an especially beautiful evening in Cali, so I decided to cross the bridge and head over to Solomon's to capture the glory. Oh, the glory it was. I don't think I've ever been able to capture a sunset like this before. Anyway, if you've never been to Solomon's Island or Southern Maryland for that matter, I highly recommend it as it does truly have its charms. Anyway, here are my shots from this evening... I hope you enjoy!
Our favorite restaurant in Solomon's, The Solomon's Pier.
The famous Tiki Bar. Every spring for its opening, they close down Solomon's Island and it's one giant Tailgate party in the street (yes, Solomons is only one street)!
Cute house.
Even the fire hydrants have pride - the Pax (Patuxent) River Bridge is on top (the same one you see in the first picture).
Cute little boat shack. If they sold live crabs here, it would totally fit.
Blue Heron on the river..jpg)
Our Lady Star of the Sea Church... the oldest Catholic Church in Calvert County. We've heard it's beautiful inside.
An old barn sits right on the waterfront at the beginning of Solomon's, almost right under the bridge. There are acres of corn fields behind it, somewhat out of place, but beautiful!.jpg)
Ready to come visit? We'd love to have ya'll down!
No comments:
Post a Comment