Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Only the Good Die Young

Note to self: NEVER go to VA Beach again. Ever. Seriously.

Being the nice wife that I am, I offered to drive on the way down to the concert so that my tired husband could take a nap and relax. We took our good ol' time getting down there. Bobby even let us stop at the Williamsburg Outlets (which are awesome, by the way). After making pretty good time getting THAT far, we took our time going shopping. Once we got back on the road, about 10 miles down, we hit bumper-to-bumper traffic. Need I remind you that I drive a stick-shift car? Oh yes, did I also mention that we were still out 50-ish miles from our destination? Lucky for me, though... I had just drank the worlds biggest diet coke at lunch and I had to go to the bathroom already, as in I could-a gone yesterday. Great.

Turns out, the entire state of Virginia was headed to the beach on a Saturday afternoon and they were all backed up around the tunnel to get into VA Beach. UGH. It took us about 2 hours to go 20 miles. Ouch.

So regardless of that horrible experience, we made it to the concert and "WHAT?!?! No Cameras?!?!" I was not feelin' the love, Virginia. So we get into the concert, yea yea...

and then...

Billy Joel appeared!!! He opened up his set with "Angry Young Man" and made his finale the infamous "Piano Man," which was phenomenal. With TONS of great songs in between, this concert made the top of my concert-going lists. I told Bobby, Billy is right next to Dave (Matthews). Seriously... one of the best performers... ever. Seriously.

So because Virginia is ridiculous and wouldn't let me bring in my camera, I have no pictures except what's on my cell phone... anyone know how I can get them on my computer?!

No comments: