Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, April!


Coming from such a large family, I am realizing that there are birthday's (quite a few of them!) almost every month! So for this month, it is my big sister's birthday, April!

For countless mornings in elementary school, my twenty-something sister would be woken up so that she could French-braid my hair before school. Prestigious accountant that she was, that was probably the last thing she wanted to do at 6:30 in the morning after 80-hour weeks during tax season. However, without complaint, she would always wake up to braid my super-fine hair with such precision! I got so many compliments with that hair...

Today, my (ex) football-cheerleader and Parisian-influenced sister is a proud (and busy!) mother of three. If that doesn't impress you, they are all under the age of five. Did I mention she's homeschooling them? Oh, the patience! Good thing her first born is named just that... Patience!

Over the years, I've continued looking up to my beautiful, big sister, but I love the fact that we're such good friends to boot. I know I'm a day late in posting this, but Happy ___th Birthday, April! (...and yes. I know how old you really are!)

No comments: