So, Bobby comes through the door the other night after "mountain" biking with a friend. Noticing a strong limp in his walk, I start the following conversation:
Me: "What happened to you?!" [With a horrified look on my face]
Bobby: "Oh my brakes stopped working on my mountain bike down the big hill, so I put my leg down to stop myself a few times."
Me: (Great, a broken husband) I think to myself "But there's blood, and..."
Bobby: "Well, my foot was strapped into the pedals, so I had to improvise."
Needless to say, we were at the bike shop the next day getting him a SAFE, fully-working bike AND a bike helmet.
For several weeks, I had been looking at pink cruiser's with the wide seat and big handlebars! Well, we found one similar, but it's not pink... and it's a hybrid (no idea what that means) so it's even better than a cruiser (at least that's what they told me at the store)! So that was my birthday gift. Of course, I haven't been riding it in my leopard-print flats like I am in the picture. So, while I ride safely on the sidewalk provided by our fine community, Bobby rides alongside on the grass, jumping off the hills and doing all sorts of funny bike tricks. If only I had a basket and a bell...
Meanwhile, this past weekend when I was taking final exams, my cat was enjoying the weather (I think) enough for the both of us. I came home to find him sunbathing...
2 comments:
HA! Look at Killian!!!! That is the happiest cat smile sunbath I've ever seen! That's so funny!
If you got a basket for your bike... what would you put in it?
Good luck with exams!
My ipod, keys, phone, small children, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches... you know, the usual.
Post a Comment